- Small things to buy online
- Quilts - The Life Story quilts, gallery
- Art textiles, experiments and tips. Beginners dressmaking
- Gelli printing, monoprinting, lino, collagraph
- Paintings and mixed media
- Looking at the work of other artists
- Baking - recipes that mostly work
- Sketchbooks, drawing, collage, ideas
New Look Pattern 6163 - Blue cord duster coat
The pattern specifies 2.5 yards of 60" wide fabric - I used 2 metres and had some to spare despite the nap.
There were no buttons and fastening is by hook and eye sewn on after making at the neck line.
I felt the pattern was slightly unsophisticated at times eg the hook and eye arrangement above is ok, but they would be better hidden behind the facings as with the Strand Coat by Merchant and Mills. The collar and front facings were sewn on together which made a heavy seam at the neck despite very careful layering and it was tricky to manipulate 2 things at once. If making again, I would reduce the size of the side slits or even do away with them altogether.
Threads: Making and top stitching, Gutermann polyester. Machine: Pfaff 4.2 Quilt Expressions