Making a start, choosing a motif, and printing some papers for collage.
I've been having fun just recently with collages built up with random textures right at the start which I've then been drawing into with Posca pens etc
(Picture left) The start of the collage in an A3 sketchbook before the drawing stage. I was going to draw a building into this but then I watched the above and changed my mind, in favour of a new approach for the next piece.
Casting around the house for inspiration for a shape/motif I could use, I came up with this slightly withered pomegranite from the fruit bowl. Honestly, I have the hugest fruit bowl known to man and it's impossible to fill, and if you did fill it you'd never eat enough fruit to reach the bottom before there was a compost scenario.
Slightly withered pomegranite.
What fab colours!
For collage you need things to stick on your page and mysteriously I couldn't find my folder with the collected gems I've been saving, so I had to print some more and used a gelli plate with deli paper, which is nice and thin for sticking onto things. There's plenty of examples of how to do that on my blog - here for example if you're not sure. (Below - making a start.)
I definitely didn't want anything considered, just a mad collection of textures and shapes in a limited range of colours that I thought might sit well with a pomegranite! It all may change later into the process but I've made a start and will finish for now in favour of a bit of early Christmas baking. Back soon, and thanks for tuning in!
BTW, do you like my print drier? It's invaluable if you like to paint or print onto papers. All I did was get a length of batten about 3cms wide and 1.5 deep, which I screwed cheap cup hooks into (start the holes off with an electric drill). I then found some really small pegs (not for clothes I think, but for hanging cards. They were from the £1 shop, and were a £1!) 😂 which I then screwed holes into one side of the top bit so they would slip over the cup hooks. This was a lot easier than it sounds with an electric drill. The whole batten with fittings was then stuck underside of a shelf with No More Nails. Voila! It's also above a radiator so things dry really quickly - if you're stuck you can hang your socks up to dry as well.