Featured post

Pages

Screen Printing part 3 - the final part

The fabric leaves were over screened in black and the results were ok. I used fabric paints so have ironed them and will probably make a cushion.  








I did some tester runs before tackling the larger piece and found I preferred it when the prints were a bit messy rather than exact. Such is life!

The messy ones were done with acetate sheet and the more exacting ones below with a paper stencil.


































Then, as all the equipment was out and ready to use, I wanted to spend a little time experimenting with screening a portrait. I cut a paper mask and used the positive and the negative shapes as a stencil under the screen. I wanted to see just how much of you needed to be in an image to identify it before descending into anonymity.


Self Portrait


No comments:

Post a Comment